Read our new article introducing SWTSwing/EOS (page 5-12).
Try our simple yet powerful technology teaser using WebStart: A former SWT Paint Application transformed into 100% Swing without any code changes!
How to install EOS?
- Download Eclipse 3.2 for your OS and extract it. Notice that that a plugin folder was extracted among other files.
- Download EOS and extract it. Copy the contents of its plugin folder into the plugin folder of your Eclipse installation.
- Start Eclipse. If EOS is not active already you have to explicitly activate it via: Windows > Preferences > EOS and then restart Eclipse.
EOS requires Eclipse3.2, Java1.4+ and theoretically should run on all platforms supporting Swing:
- Windows 9.x, NT4, 2000, XP, Vista (32bit/64 bit)
- MacOSX 10.x (32bit/64 bit ***)
- Solaris ***
- OS/2 ***
- your favorite OS here***
Obviously I cannot test EOS for all of these platforms. Please send me some feedback (dieter.krachtus[at]googlemail[dot]com).
The EOS-Project is named after Eos, the greek goddess of dawn. If you are familiar with greek mythology, you probably can guess why.